Thursday, October 15, 2009

mandala1

Mandala 1
size: 8 inches by 7 inches







In the six years since I began my college experience, I have never heard of the mandala. I realized with this project that I learn something new every day.

I began my circle ( ahem ok it is oval) with random lines and kept turning the page. I am not very good at drawing so I guess until I was halfway through my drawing was completely random. When I paused for a moment and kept turning I saw what I did not expect to see. It was a landscape, or more to the point a path.

Normally I work with clay, and currently I am working on round platters with paths in them. I am not sure if this drawing will end up being in the series of paths that I am producing now. But it will definately be an option later on down the line.

I actually scanned this at school and had my partner send it to me. unfortunatly it was scanned as a pdf file and blogger will not allow me to upload it either. I will be rescanning this at school tomorrow as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home