Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mandala 2













Mandala2



size 10 inches by 9 inches.





For some reason I cannot draw a circle, as a result this one is an oval.





I began doodling across the circle vine like lines, connecting each one to another. Once I was satisfied that the negative space between lines was sufficient, I began adding leaves on both sides of each of these lines. I noticed however that once the leaves were on the lines that I had blank spaces and decided to draw little spirals. I have not finished this but decided I really like this pattern and may use it on vase or platter or something in clay.



I like this form of drawing and I will be using it in the future to come up with ideas and patterns for my ceramic pieces.

Here is the design on a small cup. It is not fired yet, but I will post more after it is fired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home