Friday, November 27, 2009

In the studio







This is Jim McCullough's studio. He is a local ceramic artist. He and his wife create platters and vessels of glass and clay. The first picture is of a booth that they have in Austin where they sell their creations. The second picture is Jim placing a piece in the Raku kiln. The third and final picture is of his molds and platters awaiting glazing.
Jim incorporates a lot of nature in his pieces, which I personally found very interesting as I can relate to it in my own pieces, where as I often incorporate symbols or pieces of nature in my own art.
I chose this particular artist because of the projects I am currently working on which involve paths and nature on platters. I also chose him because he is local and a lot easier to access than someone across the country or world. Over all I was pleased I chose this particular artist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home