Friday, November 27, 2009


This is my very first performance piece ever. I wanted to give the sense that sometimes it is just better to be who you are instead of spending so much time and effort to make you into someone else that society will accept. the actual filming took about 3 hours to apply all the make up, curl all my hair and then smear it all off and destroy the hairstyle I had created. The of course the ending is me in front of the mirror with my hair all pulled into a ponytail and no make up on, exactly where I began at the beginning of the film.
The editing and speeding up of the video so that it would not go over 1 minute was a little more difficult as I had never done a video before. It was frustrating, it took me over 12 hours to figure out how to use the software that would allow me to add and subtract from the video. I also struggled with removing the sound and getting the time of each segment perfect.
This was definately a new experience for me. I enjoyed it very much and was pleased with all the audience reactions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home