Friday, November 27, 2009

mail art






Mail art project
The objective of this project was to mail an art letter to a classmate and recieve one from them. It was a way for our proffessor to finish with the same kind of art we started with.
on the first day of class we watched the movie about an artist who did some mail art. I thought it was a neat artist and really looked forward to recieving mine.
The first picture is the one that I mailed to the person that I was given. It is a poem with some pink snowflake styled border and flowers drawn on around the poem. The red and orange flowers on the letter have small glass beads on them. They did not come out in the picture, but made the flowers shine.
The following is the poem
Thank you, every day by Leanne Herrera
Thank you
for the smile
that you gave freely
I appreciated it
every day
Thank you
for all you spoke
information I needed
and will keep in mind
every day
Thank you
for being nice
it felt really good
to have you around
every day
I loved this project very much. It has been forever since I recieved snail mail that wasn't a bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home